The Climate Challenge: A National Program for Ski Areas
The Climate Challenge is a voluntary program designed to recognize ski areas that are committed to developing greenhouse gas inventories, setting goals for carbon reduction, implementing at least one reduction strategy per year, and reporting progress. Brendle Group is providing ongoing technical support for participating ski areas.
Climate Change Services
Minimize the risks and leverage opportunities posed by climate change with comprehensive climate response planning and analysis. Rising energy costs, effects from the changing climate, and impending regulations on greenhouse gas emissions have placed the issue of climate change at the forefront for many of our clients.
Climate Mitigation Action Plans
Our engineers and planners target cost-effective opportunities for reducing overall climate impact.
- Energy consumption assessments and strategies for using renewable energy
- Transportation, solid waste, and water reduction strategies
Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Planning
We help communities, organizations, and companies adapt to the already changing climate and be more resilient to future changes.
- Vulnerability assessments
- Adaptation action prioritization
- Alignment with climate mitigation planning - comprehensive climate response and organizational change strategies
Greenhouse Gas Inventories
Using established industry protocols tailored to the specific needs of our clients, we perform greenhouse gas inventories. We are well versed in the following inventory methodologies, guidelines, and protocols:
- Clean Air-Cool Planet
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI)
- World Resources Institute Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- ISO 14064
- The Climate Registry
Benchmarking, Implementation, and Performance Monitoring
Beyond inventories, Brendle Group supports clients in developing climate action plans and strategies for reducing emissions, designing and implementing climate programs and developing long-term approaches for achieving climate neutrality.
- Assistance with vision, goals, and strategy development
- Facilitation and community involvement